Saturday, November 12, 2011

Touchless - A webcam multi-touch SDK


www.officelabs.com Greetings, wise fans of Touchless! Im Mike Wasserman, creator of this webcam multi-touch SDK. I get a huge kick out of solving coding problems, especially when some relatively simple code can unleash a lot of power from ordinary webcams. Touchless enables multi-touch by using a webcam to track colored objects, which means touch without touching. Id like to tell my story of working on Touchless and fill you in on the road leading up to this public release. Im a work force rookie who joined Microsoft after graduating from Columbia University just over a year ago. By day I code features and tackle bugs for Microsoft Office. But outside of my vital duties to Office, I spend some spare time working on my side project. Touchless is the continuation of one of my undergrad projects at Columbia. The original demo let the user transform simple shapes and draw with two markers. Even after joining the working world Touchless stayed in my mental periphery. I just couldnt put a stop to my continuing passions for human-computer interaction, augmented reality, and computer vision. Also, despite the growing success and adoption of multi-touch technology (think MS Surface and iPhone), there is still a huge potential to reach a wider base of home users. Working at Microsoft is great because we get peeks into Microsoft Research projects, and lots of my peers have similar creative outlets and nerdy passions. I rewrote my project using XNA for Microsoft Office Labs ...

Petsafe Ultralight Top Quality Graco Car Seat Stroller Combo Buy Online Salt Pool Chlorinators Guide




No comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Fran�ais Deutsch Italiano Portugu�s
Espa�ol ??? ??? ?????







Sponsor Links